Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Why "Keepers of the Memories"?

Just in case anybody was remotely interested...

My wife and I are the unoffical "Keepers of the Memories" in our family. Michelle scrapbooks, and I am one of those sorts who is never without a camera (digital or video) at every family event, social function, and random moment in life. I have videos going back to 1989, when my niece was just a tiny baby, and thousands of digital pictures from the past five years or so, especially since the arrival of our son.

Of course, all the archived memories in the world aren't worth much if they are not looked at from time to time and shared with others. Michelle has created a stack of scrapbooks, and so this blog is my attempt to do something similar, but different.

I've tried keeping a diary or a journal on and off since I was just a kid, but I've never been successful at chronicling the little things. In fact, I remember one year when I started off the year with some great in-depth writing about the different things I had done that day, but within a short time, I was just scribbling "School" or "No school" on each day's page in an effort to allay the guilt I felt from not writing every day.

So, my only rule here is that there are no rules. I can write when I want, however often (or not) I want, and not feel guilty for keeping the blog up-to-date. My hopes are that I write something of some value from time to time, but I'm not even holding my breath on that one.

But... you never know...

No comments: